Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist Group Legal & Compliance and Director, Trustee Services with the establishment of new funds.
- Assist with the review of key fund documents (e.g., IMA, constitution and other agreements).
- Apply for ABNs, AIPR and other registrations relevant to a Fund.
- Review and input on offer documents and application forms.
- Work with Group Legal & Compliance and Director, Trustee Services to ensure compliance tasks are loaded into our workflow calendar for the fund.
- OIG & Fund (client) website reviewed and updated.
- Open or instruct custody to open all relevant Fund bank accounts and broker accounts.
Day to Day Activities (non-exhaustive list)
- Attending to investment manager requests within timelines requested by the investment manager and other relevant stakeholders.
- Review and preparation of PRFs for payments.
- Ensure unit prices are reviewed and this review document prior to the release of a price.
- Ensure Fund transactions are executed effectively, efficiently and within the deadlines set.
- Assistance with preparation of board papers, memos and similar for consideration by senior management and relevant boards.
- Ensure company policies are adhered with in undertaking all activities.
- Assist with the rolling over of offer documents.
- Review of fund updates and promotional materials.
- Assist with the completion of annual due diligence visits of key service providers.
- Preparation and ownership of document execution requests and maintenance of execution registers.
- Assist with the termination and winding-up of funds.
Financial Report & Audit
- Assist with Co-ordinating key stakeholders involved in audit process (auditor, administrators etc).
- Ensure annual and half-year financial reports are lodged in a timely manner.
- Assist with the preparation of board papers for the board to consider and approve financial statements.
- Assist group compliance with compliance plan audit requests.
Risk & Compliance
- Timely completion of Tickit tasks.
- Identification and notification of breaches, incidents and complaints impacting on the funds assigned to you or the broader OIG business in a timely manner.
- Assist with the completion of breach and complaint reports (as required).
- Assist with the implementation of matters of regulatory change.
- Active participation in team meetings and training sessions.
- Positive attitude
- Provide accounting advice and support to corporate and BU projects as required.
- Assist with business ad hoc development activities.
- Attend client and industry forums to promote the OIG brand.
- Tertiary qualified regarded
- Financial background regarded
- RG 146 desirable
- Industry qualifications highly regarded
- A base level understanding of the funds management industry
- At least 5 years of financial services experience
- A keen eye for detail and a base level understanding of risk and compliance concepts
- A base level understanding of trusts and various structures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hold appropriate Australian work visa
- Meeting key deadlines
- Problem solving and continuous improvement
- Details focused
- Getting results
- Working together
- Compliance focus
- Client focus – investor primacy
- Effective communication
- Positive disposition
- Facilitating change
Should this role be of interest and you meet the above criteria, please apply through our Seek advertisement