As a leading custodian in Australia, we have considerable experience in providing custody services. We offer a wide range of services to assist in the management and safeguarding of asset portfolios that can be tailored to your needs. Our reputation is built on the specialists within our business and our dedicated client relationship model.
As a custodian, we hold scheme assets on trust, ensuring they are properly segregated from the assets of other trusts and our assets. We hold title to the assets, physical custody of deeds, maintain bank accounts and enter into contracts for the sale and purchase of assets.
Appointing a custodian to hold title to the assets of a trust allows the Responsible Entity/Trustee and trust manager to concentrate on managing the fund. The appointment of a custodian may boost investors’ confidence and demonstrate excellent corporate governance. With an independent custodian holding title to the assets, if liquidation of the Responsible Entity/Trustee occurs, the investors' assets are better protected.
We provide custody services for a range of wholesale and retail investment products such as:
- property syndicates
- listed property trusts
- equity and fixed interest trusts
- mortgage trusts
- water funds
- agricultural schemes
- retirement villages
- fund of funds
- private equity trusts
- venture capital trusts
- carbon credits
Our custody team offers the following services:
- legal ownership of all scheme assets
- holding and recording all cash and money market transactions in identifiable accounts
- provision of on-line banking and Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) facilities
- making payments based on clients’ instructions including arranging electronic funds transfers, bank cheques and telegraphic transfers
- receipt and recording of all custody and income maturities
- reconciliation of custody bank accounts
- holding and recording all scheme title documents in secure, scheme segregated facitlities
- arrange the execution of documents in accordance with client instructions relating to the scheme assets including executing leases, sale contracts, debt facilities and documents for corporate actions
- quarterly compliance reports, confirmations of net tangible assets and asset confirmations
- an external annual audit of its control environment
Should you be interested in finding out more, please contact us for further information.
In addition to Custody Services, One Investment Group's Corporate Trust team provides Trustee services for securitisation transactions, can act as Escrow Agent and Note Trustee for retail and wholesale issues. One Investment Group’s Corporate Trust business is considered one of Australia’s leading providers of corporate trust services to the financial services industry.